· Responsible for assessing, planning, organizing, administering, documenting and evaluating direct physical therapy patient care in accordance with accepted physical therapy practice and the physician's overall treatment plan.
· Establishes and directs treatment plans carried out by PTA's and ATC's.
· Performs a thorough and complete evaluation of patients properly referred according to Michigan law in order to determine the patient's rehab potential and establish an individually based treatment plan.
· Administers physical therapy treatments to patients according to professional standards and department standard operating procedure in order to maximize the patient's potential functioning level and to achieve treatment goals.
· Maintains and completes accurate documentation, department records and reports for all assigned patients in order to provide a clear record and to communicate patient's treatment plan and progress to the referring physician.
· Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy (APTA) required.
· Must have current PT license in the State of Michigan
· Current CPR certification.
· Must possess interpersonal skills sufficient to interact effectively with sick and/or irritable patients of all ages in order to gain their cooperation and allay apprehensions.
· Must be able to provide effective instruction to patients and family members.
Internal Number: 103896
About Lakeland Health
If you’re passionate about helping others and value teamwork, treating people with respect, being accountable, inspiring others, trust, and keeping your patients and colleagues safe, then we invite you to explore our many career opportunities. Lakeland Health, southwest Michigan’s largest employer, has been named in the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics and received many other awards for quality outcomes, excellent map-michigan value, and patient care. Learn more by visiting About Lakeland.