· Performs support duties in the Rehabilitation Department including maintaining department cleanliness and order, performing clerical duties, setting up/cleaning up of selected treatments and assisting with treatments provided by licensed therapists, therapist assistants and athletic trainers under their direct supervision.
· Assists when a second person is needed to ensure patient and therapist safety, while licensed therapists, therapist assistants or athletic trainers perform treatment procedures such as exercise, functional activities and gait routines.
· High School diploma or GED required.
· BLS certification within 90 days or must be in an accredited physical therapy program.
· Previous work experience as therapy aide, such as a working in a physician's office, Certified Nurse Assistant, lab technician or related healthcare position for six months preferred, or enrollment in a rehabilitation related college degree program.
· Must possess interpersonal skills sufficient to interact effectively with sick and/or irritable patients of all ages, as well as visitors, and associates in order to gain their cooperation and allay apprehensions.
Internal Number: 103668
About Lakeland Health
If you’re passionate about helping others and value teamwork, treating people with respect, being accountable, inspiring others, trust, and keeping your patients and colleagues safe, then we invite you to explore our many career opportunities. Lakeland Health, southwest Michigan’s largest employer, has been named in the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics and received many other awards for quality outcomes, excellent map-michigan value, and patient care. Learn more by visiting About Lakeland.