Be Part of Building Our Future
This is an exciting opportunity to impact the future of health care in a growing health care system, while living in a truly amazing place.
Munson Healthcare, northern Michigan's leading health care system, is expanding our team with several new positions to support our strategic plan which will improve patient care and our clinicians' experience with the systems they use to care for patients.
Our nine-hospital system is in the midst of exciting development and is well positioned for continued growth and success. Munson Healthcare is based in Traverse City, Mich. and serves 540,000 people living in a breathtakingly scenic, four-season recreational region. Traverse City is well known as one of America's "must see" places for family vacations, fine arts, local craft beer and wine, farm-to-table food, fun festivals, sailing, golf, hiking, skiing, fishing, and miles of pristine freshwater shoreline.
Positions available include:
Information Systems Department: Associate Systems Analysts, Systems Analysts and Senior Systems Analysts who focus on new or existing clinical, ambulatory, and/or revenue cycle information systems.
Clinical Informatics Department: Clinical Informaticists who focus on hospital-based end users and the Electronic Health Record.
Central Billing Office: Educator/Coordinator-EHR Trainers who provide education and support to the practice providers, clinicians, and staff.
We are looking for professionals experienced in Cerner applications and those willing to learn. If you are a problem solver, like to contribute, have the aptitude to learn and are a team player, we'd like to talk to you.
The Senior Clinical Informaticist works as a team member to accomplish goals of the Clinical Informatics Department as well as, Nursing, Providers, Ancillary Staff, IT, and Cerner Education to accomplish Organizational goals.
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a licensed or certified professional clinical role (LPN, RN, Radiology Technician, Respiratory Therapy, Physical Therapy etc...)
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and highly collaborative; has excellent organizational, analytical and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to be a change agent in service of organizational goals
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to facilitate multidisciplinary teams.
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships and to interact positively and productively with teams across organizational lines.
- Experience with Inpatient EHR and CPOE required. Experience with Cerner EHR implementation and optimization preferred.
- Strong conceptual skills, with demonstrated knowledge and skill in problem-solving, decision-making and critical-thinking.
- Must be able to maintain a global perspective and see impacts and results beyond traditional organizational walls (departments, services, affiliates).
- Good understanding of MHC clinical and regulatory standards and integration of technology.
- Good understanding of performance improvement tools such as LEAN, Six Sigma.... required. Project management experience preferred.
- Schedule flexibility is required to accommodate customer needs
This position is under the supervision of the manager of Clinical Informatics. This person works as a team member to accomplish goals of the Clinical Informatics Department as well as, Nursing, Providers, Ancillary Staff, IT, and Clinical EHR Education to accomplish Organizational goals.
This person works closely with physicians, management and staff at all MHC Cerner sites through the course of specific projects
This person will work with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure effective implementation of the EHR in a way that promotes and ensures safe and efficient care at all MHC Cerner sites.
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Has understanding of Relationship-Based Care (RBC) principles, meets expectations outlined in Commitment To My Co-workers, and supports RBC unit action plans.
- Applies clinical expertise and knowledge of clinical workflow, computer and information science to the design, analysis, selection, configuration, implementation, testing and evaluation of clinical information systems.
- Functions as a clinical informatics liaison between Information Systems, organizational quality teams, and clinical end users as required for the effective development, implementation, optimization, and maintenance of clinical information systems.
- Works closely with Information Systems in the development, configuration and enhancement of clinical information systems.
- Using knowledge of process redesign and improvement, acts as a consultant for the redesign of clinical processes in conjunction with the development, implementation, optimization, and evaluation of clinical information systems.
- Utilizes clinical informatics knowledge and judgment to enhance clinical processes and practice.
- Works with Clinical applications team and users to identify, track, triage and resolve clinical information systems issues.
- Uses financial and human resources in a cost-effective and productive manner at all times.
- Using knowledge of project management principles and processes, serves as a project facilitator or team member ensuring proper process redesign, education and other support is planned and completed as required by the project time-line.
- Serves as Clinical Informatics Liaison for clinical and quality committees as assigned.
- Rounds weekly to ensure ongoing communication with clinician.
- Works with nursing and physician departments/sections to coordinate engagement during project implementation and follow up monitoring. Attends department/section meetings to support implementation, communication and intake and prioritization process.
- Provides support as required during project implementation and downtime.
- Initiates and/or participates in the design, conduct and reporting of research related to clinical informatics systems and best practice solutions to enhance clinical practice and clinical informatics body of knowledge.
- Develops/assists in the development of structure, process and outcome standards for the use of clinical information systems clinical practice.
- Works collaboratively with Munson Healthcare quality and regulatory efforts to assure that clinical applications are in compliance with standards of accrediting and regulatory agencies
- Works collaboratively with Cerner Education, Staff Development, and Unit Educators to identify and provide relevant education relative to clinical information systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned